10 REASONS YOUR WELLNESS PROGRAM ISN’T WORKING
Posted: June 16, 2016
As cited by Alan Kohll, President Total Wellness Inc., wellness has been a “buzz word” for several years now. There are strong indications that, if applied properly, a sound wellness program can promote a healthier corporate environment, healthier, more productive employees and a reduction in health plan premiums. However, there are some things that can become hurdles to a successful wellness program.
- Using Scare Tactics to get employees to participate
- Incentivizing poorly in order to gain participation
- Not offering Biometric Screenings
- Offering Only Biometric Screenings
- Not consulting “wellness exerts”
- Poor communication
- Using the wrong provider
- Not encouraging feedback
- Forcing participation
- Stressing out
If you find yourself in any of these situations, please go back to the drawing board, consult some professionals and redesign your wellness program.
Here are a few resources with some ideas.
IT CAN WORK FOR YOU TOO!!